Most event calendar plugins are either way too simple, or extremely overly complex and bloated. Sugar Event Calendar is designed to be simple, light weight, and provide just the major features you need for event management.
- Simple Event Management
- Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly Recurring Events
- Ajax Enabled Calendar View
- Large and Small Calendars
- Events Custom Post Type
- Event Categories
- Show Calendars for Specific Categories
- Simple Event Configuration
- Easily Set Event Dates
- Easily Set Event Start and End Time
- Short Codes and Widgets for Showing Calendars
- Events Archive, Listed by Date of Occurrence
- Several Event-Related Widgets
- Languages Files Included:
Once you have created your events, you can display a calendar, as shown in the demo, using the following short code:
If you would like to show a calendar of only events from a particular category, then do this:
And if you would like to show events from more than one category, but not all, do this:
[sc_events_calendar category="category-name, second-category"]
You will also find several new Event widgets in your Appearance > Widgets page.
Along with the calendar views, Sugar Event Calendar also has an events archive that shows the events in the order they occur and in the same styling / layout as your current WordPress theme. The archive is located at http://yoursite.com/events.
Complete documentation is included inside the plugin folder.